Friday, December 16, 2011

St. Nick's

This was the first year that I did anything for St. Nick's day.  We didn't celebrate this tradition when I was growing up, although I do remember learning about it in my German class in high school!  Chad's grew up celebrating St. Nick's day and it seems to be a pretty popular tradition in this area of Wisconsin.  I tried to google about it and learn some of the history/tradition and realized that depending on the country, there were many different traditions!  We ended up going with treats in everyone's shoes!

Here's all the gifts lined up the night of 12/5!

Here are the girls opening their gifts!  They had fun doing this before school/work!

Here's Lydia with her new Minnie Mouse phone and her Ferries insulated mug!  Both girls got insulated mugs because Makayla always wants to drink out of my travel coffee mugs and Lydia just LOVES hot chocolate.  For a long time, she called it "caw-pee" (coffee).  Now, she has learned that she's really drinking hot chocolate.  Some mornings she wakes up and the first words out of her mouth are "Hot Chocolate".  One morning she chugged down 2 sippy cups full and still wanted more, but I had to cut her off!  She is definitely our chocolate lover and our sweets lover!  :)

No comments: