Since I've left work, the 2 questions I get asked a ton are: "How's it going?" and "Do you miss work?"
So my answers are: "it's going well" and "no, I don't miss work!" I do miss my adult friends from work, but I've done a good job at staying in contact with my girlfriends via lunches, dinners, happy hours, my stamping group, and playdates! I get out at least 1 night a week for some time to myself...usually meeting up with a friend. And I'm starting to meet some more mom's in Appleton since most of my friends live in Green Bay or further north. I do enjoy hearing the latest work stories and I still check out the Puffs aisle in the store, but I definitely don't miss going to work every day!
The transition with the kids has gone well...probably better than I expected. At first the kids wanted me to play with them all the time and the days were getting pretty long! But now, Makayla and Lydia play well with each other and I can sneak away to get a few things done here and there (like update this blog). Although I always try to stay in eye-sight, or at least ear-shot, since they have a bit of a love-hate relationship!! We also go on a few playdates each week and definitely have lots of trips to parks, pools, museums, the zoo, and other fun places. We're getting better at our trips to the grocery store and I don't sweat quite so much when my kids throw a tantrum in public! I've also found some creative ways to entertain the kids at home. Makyala has been transitioning out of her afternoon nap, so that has contributed to many crabby days. However, her mood is improving and she's also getting better at taking some quite time in her room while I put Lydia down for a nap. Makayla will also play quietly while I work-out during Lydia's nap...usually only about 30 minutes, but I'll take it! Both girls are sleeping better at night and also starting to sleep-in a bit in the morning...that also helps tremendously with their moods! Not to jinx anything, but we're finally getting them both to go to bed easier and also to sleep through the night lately! (perhaps due to my transition to being at home?) So all-in-all, the transition has gone well and we're starting to get in a groove with our days and our routine! Below are some random photos of our fun!
These are dried beans...the girls had a blast scooping and dumping them! The wading pool worked well to contain the mess and keep it outside! :)
One day Makayla folded an entire basket of laundry for me! She did a great job!
The girls played with my baking supplies one day...this entertained them for a good hour while I was busy in the kitchen!
Makayla planted a bean plant a few months ago in daycare. We transplanted it to a larger pot and watered it and watched it grow. Here are the 2 beans from the plant that Makayla enjoyed eating! We recently put the plant outside in the garden and it looks like it may not be surviving.
Here's Lydia with the gardening gloves that I bought for each of the girls. These gloves made the girls very open to digging in the dirt...as seen in the next photo!
As long as she had her gloves on, Lydia had a blast sitting and digging in the dirt! Her hands stayed clean, even though the rest of her was pretty dirty! LOL!
Here's an art project that we did one day after reading the book, The Rainbow Fish!
Pretend cupcakes!
Makayla and Addison hanging out! We like to use chalk to draw out streets and stop signs on the driveway! Then Makayla drives all around her streets!
Fun in the wading pool!
Getting a running start in order to jump in the wading pool!
More pool fun!
The neighbor girls hanging out with Makayla in the pool! She loves it when they come over to play, especially on the slip-n-slide!
No comments:
Post a Comment