Thursday, February 21, 2013

More Food Adventures

I've been experimenting some with raw foods and I recently bought a dehydrator.  Here are some of my first attempts!

Sweet Potato chips made in my dehydrator!  These were rather bland...I lightly salted them, but they need more flavor next time around!  Chad and the girls didn't really like them!

An assortment of sprouted beans!  These tasted very earthy.  I added them to salads and scrambled eggs.  Next time around I need to make a smaller batch...they grew pretty big!  I keep forgetting to toss a few into my smoothies!

These are chocolate tarts...made without any dairy or baking!  The main ingredient in the chocolate is avocado!   These were my favorites...probably because they are a dessert!  My dad even liked them and he has quite the sweet tooth!  ;)

These were a close runner up and maybe even tied for my favorites!  These were also made in the dehydrator and tasted like the insides of an Almond Joy candy bar...only even better!  I think I ate half of these before they were even fully dehydrated!

These are dehydrated kale chips...these have a yummy coating on them and were actually pretty tasty!  I think I'll use the same coating on my sweet potato chips and see how they taste!


No comments: