Saturday, April 6, 2013

Happy Easter from the Evers!

We had lots of fun with Easter year!  We did all sorts of fun arts and crafts, but I didn't do a good job at taking photos of them!  The local grocery stores had some fun activities too!  Festival Foods had the Easter Bunny and some fun prizes and activities for the kids throughout the store!  We took the girls and they got to say hi to the Easter Bunny and they had a blast decorating cookies and collecting goodies from around the store!  On the way home, Makayla said to me, "Mom, I don't think that was the real Easter Bunny, that was just someone dressed up like the Easter Bunny!"  I thought that she had figured it out, but with further conversation, she decided that the real bunny was too busy to be at the grocery store that morning, so he sent a helper!  Phew!  We also tried the egg hunt at Copps Grocery store...the girls ended up with a bag of chocolate, although I had to help them quite a bit!  Lydia only took 1 chocolate from each pile of candy that she found...she didn't quite understand that she should take it all!  Makayla ended up helping some of the other kids find some chocolate too!  I guess I should be happy that my kids are kind and loving, not cut-throat egg hunters!  LOL!  They were happy, so I guess it was all good!  And Makayla even shared half of her candy with Lydia on the way home since she got more than Lydia.

Here we are finishing up the hard boiled eggs!  The girls worked together to pick them out of the pan, dry them off, and put them back in the egg carton!




Here the girls are decorating their eggs!  We watched a few YouTube videos before hand so they knew exactly what to do!  :)



After decorating eggs, we cleaned up the mess and had a big, fun piece of paper left over to color!

Here's Makayla at the Freedom town Easter egg hunt.  They didn't hide the eggs this year since it was so snowy and muddy.  Instead, they just gave the kids some eggs and let them pet the pony!  :)  Lydia was afraid to go near the pony, but Makayla went over and petted it!  However, it sneezed and that startled her so then she was done petting it!

Here's what the Easter bunny left at our house!





As Makayla was opening her basket, she got some Strawberry Shortcake books.  She recently watched some Strawberry Shortcake movies and really liked them!  So she said,  "That Easter Bunny must have heard me watching Strawberry Shortcake with his big ears and then he knew that I liked Strawberry Shortcake!"  :)  She mentioned the bunny and his big ears again when she found gum in her basket...The bunny's big ears must have heard her because she and Lydia have been asking for gum for quite a while!  ;)




No comments: