Monday, May 24, 2010

Visit to Michigan

Earlier this month, I took the girls and we drove 450 miles to MI to visit my family! We had a long, but surprisingly good car ride. It was a little tricky trying to go to the bathroom with 2 little ones...but between the Baby Bjorn for Lydia, a toddler leash for Makayla, elastic waist pants for me, and lots of patience with Makayla "touching" things and crawling on the floor in public restrooms, it worked out! We had a little scare with a shady looking van that pulled up next to us in a city park at dusk, but I didn't stick around to find out what they wanted! I was also grateful for my mini van! I stowed one captain's seat and had a little play area for Makayla while I sat in the back and nursed Lydia. Then Makayla got to run around and play for a little while after each nursing! We stayed in MI for a week and had a great time!

Below is a picture of the table that Makayla set. She was playing with her toy dishes and went around setting plates and cups at each person's seat and saying who they were for. You can see place settings for Makayla, Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Pat! :)
Here's a shot of all the girls! We had a fun mother's day together!
We also got to see my grandparents on Mother's Day!
Here's Lydia meeting Uncle Pat!

We took Makayla to several parks around Midland and she had a blast playing. Below is a photo of Makayla and the little girl that she befriended and followed around the park! :)
Below is Makayla enjoying the swing!
Another ride on a swing!
This play ground was almost too big for Makayla. But it was fun going to! We got to walk across the Tridge (3-way bridge) and it brought back memories of when I was a kid! Of course, the playground wasn't this cool when I was a kid! Makayla was getting pretty brave and would walk up to the smallest slide and slide down herself. She did not want any help from us! She's definitely getting to be independent!Makayla's vocabulary also seemed to grow exponentially when we were in Michigan. She's saying so many more words and she's starting to string words together into sentences! One funny thing that she says is "my's". She say: Mom's, Dad's, and My's (instead of mine)! :)
Also, when we were at the park, I pointed out some dandelions to Makayla. She looked at them and goes "roar!"

No comments: