Wow, it's already time to move the clocks forward!
As I'm looking through my February photos, I am realizing I didn't take a lot of photos last month! Not sure exactly what we were doing all month, but here's a few updates on the kids! The next post or two will have a few photos!
Lydia turned 2 on March 4th and it seems like someone also flipped a switch on her and turned on her terrible 2's! She's quite sassy, wants to do things her way, and has learned how to lay down and throw tantrums! Jeez! I seem to have forgotten (or maybe blocked out) Makayla's terrible 2's stage! LOL! I'll post birthday pix another time!
Lydia has some slight interest in potty training, although we aren't really pushing it. She can sit and pee and once in a while she'll poop in the potty. I will probably focus on potty training once we've got our summer routine figured out! (and once she can have her accidents outside!)
Lydia enjoys playing with her toy kitchen and her baby dolls! She also will play with the Fisher Price Little People or the Loving Family Doll House...she LOVES the little babies from the loving family doll house. Lydia will actually wander downstairs by herself to play toys and sometimes she'll play nice for 15-20 minutes!
Makayla is not as comfortable to play downstairs by herself. In fact, she doesn't like to be left alone in a room by herself! If Lydia is downstairs, I can sometimes sneak away, but most of the time Makayla wants me to be in the same room as her.
Makayla continues to be a chatterbox and she also seems to be more interested in jokes and funny things. If she thinks something is funny, she will sit there and just laugh and laugh! She seems to be phasing out of her crabby stage and has been fairly pleasant lately...although she does regress to copying Lydia's terrible 2's behavior when she's tired or not feeling well! She asks me all sorts of questions about the world and things she sees and hears! Sometimes she'll tell me some pretty crazy stuff too!
Makayla has become a good helper in the kitchen and knows what to do for several of our favorite simple recipes (pancakes, green fluff salad, grape salad, pizza, etc).
The girls are hit or miss at playing together well. They kind of go in spurts, depending on if they are tired or not feeling well. If they don't feel well, they fight a lot and cry about everything (as I'm sure most kids do)! But if they are feeling well, they actually play quite nicely together!
Well, that's about it for now! Happy Daylight Savings! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment