Santa stopped by a local restaurant in Freedom today, so we took the girls to visit! It was the shortest I've EVER waited in line to see Santa...all of about 30 seconds! Perhaps the snow storm kept folks from visiting, but it was perfect for our girls! Makayla was not shy at all, but Lydia wouldn't get too close to Santa. We had to take them to see Santa soon because we are celebrating Christmas with our immediate family (me, Chad, and the girls) next weekend! I figured it'd be easier to celebrate early here than to try to bring all the gifts to Michigan with us! So next weekend is our last weekend in town before Christmas and it's sneaking up on me WAY too fast! All of my shopping is done, but I still have wrapping to do this week! And I had to confirm that the girls asked Santa for what they've been talking about...otherwise I would be making a last minute trip to the store!
Makayla was not shy at all and she hopped right up on Santa's lap!
She got a bit nervous and started fidgeting with her sleeve and she forgot what she wanted to ask Santa for, so I had to remind her! She asked for some squinkies, some lip gloss, and a baby doll!
This is the absolute closest Lydia got to Santa and that was only because he gave her a small present...a bendable Santa Claus toy! She would not talk to him!
As we were ready to leave, Lydia all of the sudden was concerned because she didn't tell Santa what she wanted...so we headed back to let her tell him. She still wouldn't go sit near him, but she did speak up and tell him she wanted a baby doll! She must have realized she might not get a present! She was also with me when I purchased the baby dolls for her and Makayla and she knows there's a pink doll stashed away for her for Christmas! So perhaps she panicked that she might not get her doll if she didn't speak up! She also told me a few days ago that she was going to tell Santa she wanted lip gloss...which is how Makayla also decided she wanted lip gloss. Then a few days later she told Chad that she was going to ask Santa for diapers because she didn't want to potty train! That gave us a good laugh!
Here's Makayla the 2nd time around...she tried to get Lydia to sit next to her, but no luck! You can see she got a bendable reindeer toy from Santa for her gift! What a fun visit! And on the way home, I got 20 questions about Santa...where's his reindeer, where's his sleigh, what do reindeer eat, where is the north pole, where is Santa going after he's done visiting the children in Freedom, etc!
No comments:
Post a Comment