Thursday, December 20, 2012

Santa visited Wisconsin early!

Santa visited our house early due to our travel plans this year!  I did not tell the girls he was coming early, so they were not up at the crack of dawn trying to open presents!  We actually had a nice leisurely morning and breakfast before they wandered downstairs!  Makayla immediately noticed the gifts under the tree and shouted for Lydia to come and look!

Here's the tree the night before!


The Dora chairs were a hit!

Lydia has been asking for lip gloss for quite a while...she even told me that's what she wanted to ask Santa for (although she was too shy to tell him more than a baby doll)  She also told Chad that she wanted to ask Santa for diapers because she doesn't want to potty train!  I almost wrapped some up for her...

New chairs for our art table!  Now Chad needs to make the table taller!

Makayla was excited for the big gifts!

Wow, look at all these blocks!

Okay, got those blocks out...on to the next gifts!

Lydia was with me when I bought these baby dolls...she just LOVED the doll so much at Kohl's that I gave in and bought one for her and Makayla.  I told her we had to save them for Christmas, so she's been waiting and waiting for Santa to give her this baby doll!  Luckily, she isn't old enough to figure out that I am really Santa!


Fairy costumes!  Makayla cried because she wanted the blue one and tried to get Lydia to trade.  But Lydia is now old enough to say, "no" so Makayla can't just get her way all the time!  And of course, if Makayla wants it, there is no way Lydia is going to give it away!  Slight drama, but we moved on quickly!  The castle was a good distraction!

 Lydia was much slower at opening her gifts than Makayla, so Makayla hovered and wanted to "help" her.  Of course, Lydia did not need or want any help, so again, slight drama!

On to building the baby changing center (in the background) and Lydia trying out her lip gloss!

Are my lips beautiful?

Way to go Dad, you finished building it!

No comments: